I am frequently called about kids swallowing or ingesting a prescription drug, OTC drug, household cleaner, etc. If this should happen, please call poison control immediately-even before calling the office or me on call. This is your best resource available. They will let you know exactly what to do. Their database is immense.
So, be careful with any drugs, cleaners, soaps etc that are around your house. Make sure that they are out of reach of your kids.
Poison Control's number is 1-800-222-1222 www.oklahomapoison.org